If the passenger's journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed "Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability" and "Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations".
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary / receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary / Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document. "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the unification of certain rules relating international Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, on october 12th, 1929, or that Convention as amended by the Protocols of The Hague on Septermber 28th, 1955 and the Protocols of the Montreal 1, 2 and 4 in 1975, whichever may be applicable.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention and the such carriers is not "international carriage" as defined by that Convention.
3. To the extent not in confict with the foregoing, carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (I) provisions contained in this ticket, (II) applicable fare conditions, (III) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulation which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportations between a place in the United States or Canada or any place outside thereof to which rules in force in those countries apply. Substitute alternate carriers of aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsability for conections.
4. Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket provided that the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's manuals, carriage conditions, regulations or timetables, address shall be the airport of departure shown opposit the first abbreviations of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping place are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in the carrier's timetable as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several succesive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the routes of another air carrier does so only as its Agent.
6. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier inlcuded in this ticket shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, employees and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, employees and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation, complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from the date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
8. This ticket is valid for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier's tariff manuals, carriage conditions, or related regulations. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not be paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contact. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carrier or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change withour notice. Carrier assumes no responsability for connections.
10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, employeed or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
Issued by Aerolineas Argentina S.A., member of IATA.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately US$ 9.07 per pound (US$ 20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$ 400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between US points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline baggage liability to be at least US$ 1,250.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
"PROTOCOLS OF MONTREAL 1975"
Further to the notice and conditions of contract of this ticket this transportation could be subject to the provisions of the Montreal Protocols 1, 2 and 4 that establish a limitation of liability in case of death and personal injury up to SDR 16.600 and in case of transported baggage up to SDR 17 per kg.
Every claim related to baggage should be made before leaving the airport in all cases and ratified within the time limit established by the Conditions of Contract, Paragraph 7, otherwise, the Company assumes it was received in due conditions.
Please reconfirm by phone your connecting or return reservation at least 72 hours before the departure of your flight. Failure to reconfirm a reservation will allow the Airline to make use of it.
Passengers are kindly requested to report on time at the Airport of departure. Failure to report on time may imply charges, including the total loss of the amount paid for the ticket.
If you do not have reservations for continuing or return flight please contact our nearest reservation office.
The price of the ticket includes the fare and it may or may not include the taxes on air transportation.
The payment of taxes that have not been paid at the moment of issuing the ticket, may be requested.